Coming Back

So it's been almost a year since I have written on my blog....how pathetic....the first rule of blogging is to blog all the time...oh well..Anyways lots have happened, 1st I had a baby in October another boy, me and my boys, love them, I started teaching at the Culinary School where I graduated which I love.   Our classes include Paella Party with a flamenco dancer as our grand finale, Tapas, a Trip through Spain, and many others.  I love seeing you all there, this year we will have some new and exciting classes will keep you posted.  

It's the new year and I am sure that many of you including myself have the goal to get healthier, loose some weight and get in the best shape of your life.   Now that I am done making babies I can really focus on getting super fit and strong... I am going to need it to tackle these 3 boys, jajaja.    I will be posting some great tasting healthy cheffy recipes for you to try that will make you feel refreshed, fueled with energy and give you a healthy glow.   My new eating plan includes healthy cereals, oatmeal, and some protein for Breakfast (coffee of course), a healthy lunch combining protein, small portion of complex carbohydrates like brown rice or quinoa, and veggies, then for Dinner no starches and that includes fruit, just protein and veggies.    At night is when the magic happens if you eat a light dinner without the carbs, the weight starts to come off.   I have gained 50lbs with all my 3 pregnancies and I have taken them off completely this way, so I know it works, so I am doing it again.

Try these recipes you won't remember they are healthy foods.

Filet Mignon with Parsley Lemon Butter Sauce
Sauted Spinach
Roasted Beet Salad


Filet Mignon with Parley Lemon Butter sauce
Serves 4

This is a very simple recipe but the secret to this recipe is the cooking technique this will ensure a great taste on your meat or chicken.

-4  4oz  round pieces of Fillet Mignon 1/2 inch thick (you can also use chicken breast or flank steak)

-3 tablespoons of butter melted

- 1/4 cup of chopped Parsley

-the juice of 1 lemon about 2- 3 tablespoons

-Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 F

Heat a cast iron skillet** with a little bit of canola oil wipe of excess with paper towel.   Make sure the skillet is hot so you can get a nice sear on your meat or chicken.  Season meat with salt and pepper.   Let it cook for about 4 minutes on one side for the meat and about 6 min for the chicken breast and about 2 min on the other side, then place your skillet or pan to the oven to finish cooking for another 5 min.  This technique that sears the meat on the stove and then finishes in the oven it is used in restaurants this allows for the meat to continue to cook evenly in the oven allowing the muscle cells to relax which makes meats juicier and more delicious.   Adjust cooking time for meat depending how you like your meat this recipe's instructions are for medium rare if you wanted well done increase to 5 or 6 min and the same 2 min on the other side, do not change oven time so your meat does not dry out.  Dry meat is overcooked meat so keep that in mind is better to take it off sooner because you can save it.   Take your cast iron skillet out of the oven and add the melted butter and lemon juice oven it.  Garnish with parsley.

Sauted Spinach
Serves 4

1/2 sweet onion chopped
2 cloves of minced garlic or garlic powder
1 lb of Spinach (one box)
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar or any vinegar you have at home
Sliced almonds (optional)

Preparation:

In a saute pan, saute your onion in olive oil and add salt once they turn translucent add garlic, add the spinach and start turning it until it wilts add more salt to season then add a teaspoon of red wine vinegar.   Add almonds (optional)


Roasted Beet Salad

Serves 4

-3 medium to large Red Beets if small add a couple more
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1/2 cup of julienne yellow onion
-1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil

-1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese
-2 tablespoons of vinegar (Balsamic, red wine or white)
-2 tablespoons of canola oil

Preparation

Preheat you oven to 400 F

On a sheet pan add washed red beets, no need to peel, drizzle them with canola oil and salt cook in oven for about 45 min or until they are fork tender.  Let them cool then peel them off with your hands and cut them in half moon slices about 1/4 inch thick.  Toss the salad with onions, basil, olive oil, vinegar, toss cheese last, add salt if need beware that feta cheese is pretty salty.


I hope you enjoy these recipes and let's get healthy and gorgeous with me for the new year!!


Love,

Adriana



Here is a pic Diego and my other two boys Daniel and David they sure fuel my days, love you!!!


Comments